Our Top-rated Casinos
Every gambler knows that finding legal, trusted, and reputable internet gambling sites is already a kind of a jackpot, and with new regulations and laws becoming stricter and new casinos appearing faster, it’s not easy to choose one for your gambling needs. In this article, we’ll cover New Jersey online gambling sites that are not only licensed and legal but also very generous about giving their players a casino bonus that keeps your game on. First thing first, though, let’s see the legal side of the NJ gambling sites.
There are more trusted, secure, and verified NJ online gambling sites in 2020. Do you know that there are online gambling sites in New Jersey that is SCAM? For a beginner, it may be very difficult to differentiate a scam site from a legit site operating in New Jersey. Not to worry, you will find out how to identify the scam and much more as you keep reading.
How to find an online gambling site in New Jersey that is legal?
With so many NJ online casinos, it can be hard to choose the best one. Some have all the interesting features such as a variety of games without reliable customer support or safe and secure payment methods. The best NJ gambling sites have a distinct feature that sets them apart from others that are incompetent.
The main goal of this article is to help you to find the best real money casino!
The regulatory body responsible for issuing licenses to online casinos is known as the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE). NJ online casino licenses are issued to casinos that must fulfill certain requirements. These requirements are put in place to protect the interest of the player. So, if you want to play an online casino in New Jersey, make sure it is certified. The NJDGE are strict in monitoring compliance with their rules and regulations.
Apart from issuing licenses other duties of NJDGE are as follows;
- Checking for violations
- Ensure that the casino games are fair
- Screening license applicants
- Exclusion list violation monitoring
- Verifying of information systems
Random Number Generators (RNGs)
Online gambling websites in New Jersey make use of Random Number Generators to ensure fairness. Often, the software provider gives the house an edge over players, so to ensure that there is a particular level of fairness RNGs were introduced.
In other words, always look out for online casino in NJ that uses RNGs.
The most popular New Jersey online casino games
Initially, when gambling was legalized in NJ, it was difficult for players to find their favorite online games. A few online casinos were available there. New Jersey online gambling sites apply for licenses to offer online slots, online table games, and legal online poker. Things have changed so fast with several online casinos springing up daily. Here is a list of online casino games you can play;
- Bingo games
- Live Dealer games
- Slots games
- Classic table games
- Video poker
- Live poker
- Real Money Casino Games
Legal online poker in New Jersey
In the past, the big poker brands had to leave the US market. However, the situation has changed within the past few years. States like Delaware and Nevada have online poker rooms but casino business in NJ where poker games are legal has the potential to grow faster.
The big poker brands came back to US market, and they are making their presence known in every nook and cranny of NJ. Some of the legal online poker brands in NJ include PokerStars, 888 Poker, and Party Poker.
Daily fantasy sports
Daily fantasy sports became legalized in NJ three years ago, in 2017. However, it took some time for the legislation to be implemented in the state. Nonetheless, this is a huge relief for Daily fantasy sports players in New Jersey. Some sites in NJ have already partnered with land casinos in the state to operate sports betting. This clearly shows that state is taking the lead in creating a conducive environment for gambling to strive.
- New Jersey Lottery. Available online and offline and is the oldest currently active lottery (draw games, scratch-offs, second chance offers). It provides customers with daily promotions and seasonal offers. Available online and offline, provide clients with huge jackpots every week.
- Powerball. Available online and offline is based on 5 main numbers (1-69) and 1 Powerball (1-26).
Legal Online Sportsbooks
Sports betting became legal in NJ in 2018. Since then, New Jersey online sports betting has rapidly grown, and it continues its development in 2020. The number of mobile sportsbook apps in NJ are more than 15. However, it is important to always ensure that the sites are verified by NJDGE. They also supervise legal NJ online sportsbook apps.
The top sports to bet on in New Jersey are horse racing and race tracks.
The best New Jersey legal online casinos in 2020
There is no doubt that you will have plenty of online gaming sites to choose from in New Jersey. If you want to gamble for real money, then you must choose solid sites. The best online casinos have the following features;
- Software and device compatibility
- Numerous casino games to choose from
- Live dealer options
- Various bonuses and promotions
- They make use of secure technologies like 128 bit SSL encryption
- Trusted and secure withdrawal and deposit options
- Licensed by New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE)
- Reliable customer support that is available for 24/7
Licensed NJ Online Casinos
- Golden Nugget ($10 no deposit welcome bonus, 100% deposit up to $1500 welcome offer, free spins for select slot machines, +400 games)
- Caesars Casino ($25 no deposit welcome bonus with code PLAYFREE25, 100% deposit up to $300 welcome offer, +490 games)
- Tropicana ($25 no deposit welcome bonus with code PLAY25, up to $100 cashback for loss, +400 games from NetEnt, IGT, etc.)
- BetMGM (casino and sportsbook, loyalty club, live casino, leaderboard Offers, +490 games from NetEnt, IGT, Play’n’Go, Microgaming, etc.);
- Virgin Casino ($30 no deposit welcome bonus with code 30BUCKS, 100% deposit up to $100 on first deposit);
- Borgata Casino ($20 free welcome bonus with code PLAYNJ, 100% deposit up to $600 on the first deposit, live dealer and exclusive games, payment available from the Borgata account, loyalty club);
- UniBet ($10 free welcome bonus with code UBCASINO10, 100% deposit up to $500 on the first deposit, massive weekly and daily promos);
- 888 Casino ($25 free welcome bonus no code required, 100% deposit up to $2,000 on the first AND second deposit, +200 game titles including live dealer games).
Sportsbetting in NJ is available as well. Some casinos combine sportsbook and casino gambling, so you can create one account and play both whenever you like. The legal Sportsbook list is below.
Real Money Online Gambling NJ: How to Get Started
Your start with online casinos in NJ will depend on gaming kind: whether it will be for fun or money. If you want to play for fun, some casinos have the demo versions of the games (slot machines are extremely popular), and they don’t require you to create an account to play for fun and get your kicks. However, if your aim is to play for real money or visit live casinos, then it’s obligatory to create a valid player’s account. Because it’s incredibly easy and straightforward, we won’t bore you with the step-by-step procedure but rather give a few pointы to pay attention to while doing it.
- Have your email and phone ready and active for confirmation. They are also the means of how the casino will communicate with you in the future concerning any gambling-related issues (promotions, account recovering, withdrawals, etc.).
- Fill out forms with actual, most recent data that corresponds to the information in your legal papers.
- Be ready that a casino may request proof of identity and residence upon withdrawal or at any given time. You need to have a copy of a valid photo ID, proof of residence, and financial independence.
- Keep your account safe all the time. Choose the password and login that are hard to hack and easy for you to remember.
Choose any of the casinos below to get free spins, play Blackjack, Roulette, Poker games, and win real money in a legal way.
NJ Legal Online Sportsbooks List
- BetMGM ($500 risk-free bet, Free $10 Monday bet, Soccer, Darts, MMA, Football, Tennis, Basketball, Boxing, etc.);
- 888 Sports ($10 free bet, no code needed, first deposit 100% up to $500 welcome bonus, VIP and loyalty programs);
- Caesars Sportsbook ($10 free bet with BETFREE10, first deposit 100% up to $300, available on mobile)
- Golden Nugget ($100 risk-free bet with no code, no NBA games, variety of reload promotions);
- FoxBet (Welcome Bonus up to $1,000 (risk-free $500 bet, 100% up to $500 cashback on the first deposit, major games covered);
- Hard Rock (Match Bonus up to $1,000 + 50 spins for new gamblers, $100 risk-free bet on the first wager)
Best NJ Betting Sites
Online Horse Betting in New Jersey
You need to be 18 or older to participate in online or offline horse race betting in NJ.
There are 3 racetracks that provide on-track horse betting:
- Freehold Raceway,
- Monmouth Park,
On these racetracks you can bet in the old-fashion way that requires your presence on track at the time of the race. Betting offline has a few perks, for example, you can see what’s going on before the race begins, learn the past stats, and you will get short waiting time to receive the winnings in cash.
These online horse betting websites make it possible to wager without leaving home by simply watching the live streaming of the race:
- +400 tracks all over the world
- variety of payment options available
- $300 risk-free bet, past performance overview available
- PayPal banking method among others
- Betfair Exchange
- $200 first deposit cashback
- mobile app available
- refund on loss bet
NJ Online Poker Sites
- BetMGM (
- $25 no deposit offer
- up to $1,000 welcome bonus
- live dealer room, regular offers, and deals
- 888 Poker NJ
- $20 no deposit offer
- up to $1,500 deposit bonus
- Party Poker
- $25 no deposit offer
- up to $1,000 welcome bonus
Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS)
- $20 bonus for the first deposit
- regular deposit promos
- $5 welcome bonus
- no code and no deposit needed
Atlantic City Gaming
Land-based or online, the Atlantic City gaming is unique in terms of bonuses, loyalty programs, and safety. While gambling at the Atlantic City-based operators, you know your gaming is protected by law and is regulated by the software of the highest quality to ensure the authentic thrill of gambling online on the go.
New Jersey Internet Gambling: Legal Perspective
Digital gambling in the State of New Jersey became possible in 2013 when the State Legislature passed an A2578 bill that enabled the casinos in Atlantic City to operate online for NJ residents. Online gambling in New Jersey is not available for those who are under 21 y.o. and cannot add a proof of residency in New Jersey. That means that the land-based casinos in Montreal that have their online websites cannot provide their services to the NJ folks and vise versa – the Montrealers aren’t allowed to pay at the Atlantic City-based websites. The bill strictly forbids using any software that has not been tested by the Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) of New Jersey, and this is important for you as a gambler to remember as any activity and software that wasn’t approved by the division is considered illegal. If the casino puts an emblem that it is DGE approved, that means you can use poker rooms, slot machines, and other games software worry-free as it was tested by the State commission.
This short legal insight will help you to understand why gambling at the legal NJ online casinos has to be your ultimate goal. Below we’ve made lists for betting sites that are licensed, regulated, and trusted by players and testing agencies.
NJ is setting the pace for online gambling USA. The State regulatory body takes all legal measures to ensure that NJ players are safe and secure. That is one of the advantages of gambling in an environment where these activities are regulated. The risk of losing your money to scam sites is lower.
NJ online gambling sites in 2020 make the whole gambling experience more exciting with various bonus offers and promotions. Start with small bets; in this way you won’t run out of funds quickly. LEGAL US ONLINE GAMBLING has come to stay, so avoid illegal online betting sites.
What types of casino games you can play online in New Jersey?
- You can play live or video table games (variations of Poker, Baccarat, Blackjack, Roulette), slots, specialty games, scratch cards.
When was online gambling legalized in NJ?
- NJ online gambling law that approved betting via online casinos was passed into law in 2013 by the New Jersey Legislature. On the same day the bill was accented to by the former Governor of the State Chris Christie
How to deposit and withdraw on an online gambling site in NJ?
- Most of the online sites in NJ provide safe and secure payment options. Some of the payment options available include e-wallets such as PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, etc. They also allow the use of Credit and Debit cards.
Is online gambling in NJ legal?
- Yes, gambling is legal in NJ. New Jersey is one of states in the USA that allows online gambling.
How many legal gambling sites operate in NJ?
- Currently, it’s around 30 websites offering online gambling in New Jersey. The number is always a subject to change, however, as this field is rapidly developing.
What is the regulatory body that controls the activities of gambling sites?
- The regulatory body in charge of this is called the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE). They also carry out other functions such as licensing sites, game testing, etc.
Will my casino winning be taxed in NJ?
- No, your casino winning will not be taxed. The casinos have already paid taxes by themselves.
How do online gambling sites know my location?
- It uses the IP-address tracker to make sure you reside in the area available for operating.
Can I bet online using my mobile device?
- Yes. Some mobile casinos have their apps, but all of them provide betting/gambling accessible via a browser.
Can I win real money at online casinos?
- Playing real money games is what almost every gambler is there for, and this is where you can win real money. You can also play free demo versions for fun.
Who is responsible for regulating NJ online gaming?
- It’s regulated by the New Jersey Government, Division of Gaming Enforcement.
Which online casinos in New Jersey accept PayPal?
- Golden Nugget, Caesars Casino, BetMGM, UniBet, 888casino.
Which New Jersey online casino has a minimum deposit of $5?
- 888casino, PartyCasino and Golden Nugget casino.