Best Betting Apps For NJ Players: Full Guide
- Is the app licensed and regulated?
- Is it stable? We don’t want it crashing while we’re waiting for important results!
- Does it work on multiple devices? People use iOS, Android, Windows, and Blackberry mobile phones, so a decent app should be available for all of them.
- Are the depositing and withdrawal methods versatile enough?
- Is the app easy to use?
- What’s the brand’s reputation among NJ players?
Best Mobile Betting Sites & Apps
New Jersey Draftkings Sportsbook Review
Fox Bet Sportsbook NJ Review
$500 risk free bet
BetAmerica Sportsbook – Legal New Jersey Betting
Golden Nugget Sportsbook
BetStars Sportsbook Review – One of the Top Offers in New Jersey
BetMGM Sportsbook New Jersey 2022
Top List: The Most Popular Sportsbook Apps in NJ
We’ve tested and evaluated all sports wagering apps for NJ mobile players. This is our top list:
- DraftKings Sportsbook
- PointsBet Sportsbook
- MGM Sportsbook
- SugarHouse Sportsbook
- William Hill Sportsbook
- FanDuel Sportsbook
- 888 Sports Betting
- BetStars Sportsbook
- Hard Rock Sportsbook
- BetAmerica Sportsbook
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook
- Bet365 Sports Betting
- Fox Bet
DraftKings is the current leader because it gets everything right:
- New users get up to $1000 as a sign-up bonus
- The app is sleek and easy to use
- It enables live in-play bets
- There’s an enormous selection of sports and leagues to bet on
That being said, all other applications on the list are awesome. Your choice depends on your preferences. We recommend reading reviews and trying at least a few apps before you decide on your favorite one.
The Selection of NJ Sports Bets Available on Apps
When playing on a mobile phone, you get access to the same opportunities as the ones you get on desktop sites. If you’re a beginner in sports wagering, you’ll appreciate this brief explanation of common bets:
If it’s an MLB game between the New York Yankees and the Atlanta Braves, you can place a moneyline bet on the team that you think will win the match. If you get the guess right, you win the wager.
You’ll see them as a positive number next to one team, and a negative number next to the other one. For example: New York (+130) vs. Atlanta (-120). What does this mean? If you place a bet of $100 on the New York Yankees, you’ll win $130. To win $100 on the team with a negative number next to it, you have to place a bet of $120. That would bring you $220 in total if you make the right guess.
The sportsbook gives you a specified number of points that will be scored during the game. For example, they may evaluate that the total number of points in a basketball game will be 200. If you think that the teams will score above that line, you can place an over bet. If you think that the game won’t be that exciting, you can bet under the totals line.
The point spread bet is associated with the number of points you expect the winning team to score during the game. The sportsbook will give you a line. You can bet high or low on that guess.
When you group more than two picks into a single bet, you’re creating a parlay. The sportsbook will usually set the limit to 10-12 picks in a parlay bet. You guessed it: it’s a high-risk bet. But it’s also one that pays really well, with odds going above 600-to-1 when you include 10 teams in a parlay.
The teaser also contains two or more bets. What’s the catch? You can tweak the point spreads set by the sportsbook, so you’ll increase the chances to win. But in that case, the final payout will be lower.
This is the most creative type of sportsbet. You create a strategy by combining smaller parlays into a big one. Even if you lose one leg of the parlay, you still win money.
It takes a lot of luck to win a prop, since it’s based on a random occurrence. Who will score the first point? When will the first point be scored? Will a certain player score more than 1.5 touchdowns? Will the game have overtime?
You have an idea of the NBA Finals winner before the start of the season? You think that a young Formula 1 competitor will win the championship within the next three years? That’s called a futures bet.
Live (in-play betting)
During the game, NJ sportsbook apps will offer in-play odds. You can boost the excitement by betting while the action lasts.
Can I Bet on Horse Races in New Jersey?
New Jersey was one of the first states to legalize horse race betting both on-track and off-track. There are three racetracks in the state:
- The Meadowlands Racetrack
- Freehold Raceway
- Monmouth Park Racetrack
If you’re looking for the best online gambling app that offers horse betting, these are your options:
- William Hill
Retail Sports Betting Locations in NJ
It’s great to play on your smartphone or tablet, but sometimes you want the real betting action. Nothing beats the adrenaline between a group of sports fans, who place different in-play bets and watch the game to see who wins. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement granted licenses to existing operators to include sports betting in their offer. These are the casinos with legit sports wagering lounges:
- Resorts (DraftKings Sports Book)
- Harrah’s Casino Hotel Sports Book
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Sports Book
- Golden Nugget – The Sports Book
- Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa Race and Sports Book
- Bally’s Casino Hotel Sports Book
- Tropicana (William Hill Sports Book)
- Ocean Resort (William Hill Sports Book)
- Monmouth Park Sports Book (William Hill)
- The Meadowlands Racetrack
What’s the Deal With Sports Betting Partnerships?
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement grants sports betting licenses to casinos in Atlantic City. The casinos that hold a license are required to maintain special lounges for sports wagering. In New Jersey, there aren’t any independent sportsbook operators. That’s a good thing. All gambling companies that offer real money games (such as poker, blackjack, roulette, and slots) can now boost their offer with sports wagering. That makes partnerships important. Real money casino apps are not the same thing as sports wagering apps. The providers of casino game apps are allowed to offer up to three individually branded sites for sports betting with their own apps. That’s why most casinos partner with season sportsbooks, such as DraftKings, William Hill, and 888Sport. For example, William Hill is the partner of Ocean Resort, Tropicana, and Monmouth Park. That’s an already established platform, which makes it easier for a mobile casino to include a safe wagering offer.
5 Tips to Choose the Right Betting App
When you face the versed selection of betting apps, it may be hard for you to make a choice. These simple tips will help:
#1 Mind the Partnership
What are the best casino apps that you like using? If you’re a fan of a particular app with the coolest jackpots, check if it offers an online betting app. You may see a matching offer for a deposit bonus.
#2 Who Provides the Software?
DraftKings, William Hill, Bet365, 888Sport, and FanDuel are among the most reputable providers of sports betting software. If you have experience with any of those apps in another state, you might like using them in New Jersey, too.
#3 Test the Customer Service
A solid app should provide 24/7 customer support. You should be able to contact an agent directly through the app, and receive an answer without delays.
There’s a way to test this: download the app and try to communicate with the support. Do they pay attention to your questions? If you get generic answers that make no sense, it’s not the right app. You’ll find good reviews on our site, which tackle the effectiveness of the support system of different sportsbooks.
#4 Check the Bonus Policies
Huge welcome and no deposit bonuses are attractive; there’s no doubt about it. But you have to read the small lettering. There are terms associated with them. Make sure they go to your advantage before you create a real-money profile.
#5 Read the Terms
Yes; it’s a boring thing to do when all you want to do is place a bet ASAP. But before you start gaming, you should know what payment methods you can use. How fast are the payouts? What types of bets can you place? All this information is available in the terms. You can glance through them in less than 5 minutes. Give yourself that time, so there will be no unpleasant surprises later on.
What Makes Betting Apps Better than Desktop Betting?
A computer gives you one major advantage: a larger screen. You see multiple available bets and all information you need. The app has to minimize the volume of information within the screen, but that doesn’t make it less user-friendly. Mobile applications are the future of online betting. They have several advantages over desktop sites:
- They let you place bets on the go
- They offer the same deposit methods and same bonuses as desktop sites; but with greater convenience
- An app gives you real-time updates on the games and odds through notifications
- If you want to place bets from work and your employer restricted betting websites on your computer, you can still use your phone
- There’s a great selection of gambling apps that accept players from NJ; so you can install two or more and compare the odds before placing bets
Banking Options For Mobile Betting Apps in NJ
When you install an app, you’ll need to choose a valid deposit method. These are the most common options:
- Credit and debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Amex)
- E-wallets (PayPal, Skrill, Neteller)
- Prepaid cards
- Pay by phone
- Bank transfers and other payment methods
Keep in mind that not all deposit methods are available for withdrawals. For example, you cannot use a prepaid card or PayNearMe as a withdrawal method. The standard ways to get a payout include credit/debit cards, e-wallets, and bank transfers.
Is It Legal to Bet on NJ Sports Teams?
The Division of Gaming Enforcement clarifies the pro league teams and sports events. This is only a small selection of all the sports you can bet on:
- Football (NFL and other leagues)
- Basketball (NBA and all other leagues)
- Ice hockey (NHL and other leagues)
- Baseball (MLB and other leagues)
- Rugby, and more
The top online mobile casinos can accept any wagers on the allowed sports. There’s an exception: you cannot bet on collegiate sports or athletic events where a New Jersey college team participates. It doesn’t matter where the event takes place; you cannot bet on NJ college teams within the territory of the state.
Online Sports Betting Promos in New Jersey
We went through the available bonus promotions on various applications. We came up with a top list of welcome offers that NJ sports fans benefit from:
- DraftKings – Up to $1000 awarded as a risk-free bet + deposit bonus! Both the first bet and the deposit match can reach up to $500. When you make a first deposit, you qualify to receive bonus funds as site credits. You cannot withdraw this money, but you can place bets with it.
- FanDuel – Up to $500 risk-free bet Instead of offering classic welcome bonuses to new users, FanDuel will refund up to $500 in site credit if you lose on your first bet.
- 888Sport – $10 bonus on your first live bet If you make your first live bet of at least $10, you will get a $10 bonus to use on any sport.
Online Sportsbooks to Launch Next
This is a vivid and competitive industry, so we can expect to see more apps appearing on the market. TheScore was the most recent platform to come out with its casino app for iOS and Android.
- How to install a betting app on your smartphone?
- First, you need to choose an app. Most bookies offer an iPhone betting app and an Android betting app, so they target a wider range of compatible devices. When you download the app, it will be easy to create a profile. Keep this to mind: the apps are not available in the Google Play and the App Store. You can easily download the apps from the official website of the sportsbook you choose. You’ll get instructions on how to go through the installation process.
- Can I bet for free as well as real cash?
- When you get a bonus, you’re practically betting for free. Most apps offer bonuses on the first deposit, risk-free bets, and betting credits that you can use within the platform.
- How secure is my mobile account?
- All available apps are licensed and secure. It’s important to use them through a secure network. We don’t recommend logging into the apps when using a public Wi-Fi network.
- Is sports gambling allowed in New Jersey?
- Yes; betting on all sports is legal in New Jersey. There’s only one exception: you can’t bet on collegiate NJ teams.
- What are the tax rates for sports betting?
- New Jersey imposes a 13% tax on revenue from online betting and casino software, and 8.5% tax on betting at land-based casinos.
- Are Daily Fantasy Sports legal?
- Yes; DFS was formally legalized in 2017.
- Do I need to live in NJ to bet online via the app?
- Yes; that’s one of the main requirements for using an NJ app: you have to place your bets within the territory of the state.
- How old do you have to be to legally bet?
- Since sports betting is related to the casino industry in NJ, the age limit is higher when compared to most other states: you have to be at least 21 years old to wager on sports.