Guide to Online Blackjack in New Jersey
Best NJ Online Casinos For Blackjack
$20 Free Bonus
$600 Bonus on Deposit
$1,000 Bonus On Deposit
Online Blackjack New Jersey
Everyone has heard about the legendary casino game that is blackjack. The origin of the game is still unclear up to the present moment.
The game has likely originated in France and Spain as a variation of “Trente et un,” which means 31. One of the earliest mentions of blackjack is in the widely-known book by Miguel de Servantes. There, the game appears as “ventiuna”, which means 21, the number now widely associated with blackjack. There are many myths and versions of the game’s origin, but most importantly, you can quickly learn how to play this fun and exciting casino game.
That is why online blackjack is the most popular casino game in New Jersey after slots.
There are a lot of legal online casinos in NJ due to the demand for the game. The variations of the game make it fun for people of all interests and gaming needs. While all these variations have the same basic principle, but the rules may vary depending on the game when you play in different online casinos in New Jersey.
Here Are The Top Casinos In New Jersey Where You Can Play Blackjack
Licensed NJ casino websites have many different types of blackjack and offer big bonuses to players. Our favorite websites for playing blackjack are:
888 Casino NJ
If you’re a fan of playing blackjack, 888 is one of the best places to go. They have been around for over 20 years and you can play online in New Jersey, Delaware, and Nevada. Even better- they’ll give you $20 just for signing up! Although they don’t offer as many options, their live blackjack games are top-notch.
Right now, you can choose between two types of online blackjack: Classic and American. The house has a very small advantage– just 0.33% for Classic Blackjack and 0.48% for American Blackjack. So go ahead and give 888 a try. You won’t regret it.
PokerStars, licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, offers players an internationally renowned poker platform in partnership with Resorts Digital Gaming LLC. PokerStars offers incredible weekly online tournaments with guaranteed prizes if you want a chance to win big.
They even hold the record for hosting the biggest online poker tournament ever and for the most players playing at once.
Additionally, they offer a variety of blackjack games, including Atlantic City Blackjack, Premium Atlantic City Blackjack, European Blackjack, Classic Blackjack, Premium Blackjack, Double Deck Blackjack, Live Infinite Blackjack, Live Blackjack and Live Lightning Blackjack.
You can claim a 100% bonus on your initial deposit. Enjoy up to $600 free! Use the code ‘STARS600’ when making your first real money deposit and get rewarded with a 100% bonus of up to $600, which you can unlock by making up to three qualifying deposits within 60 days.
WynnBet online casino is secure and regulated by state authorities, such as the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games, and at this particular casino, you can play regular blackjack and live dealer blackjack. Some available titles include Multi-Hand Blackjack, Blackjack Blazing 7s, Zappit Blackjack, BlackJack Poker and Pairs, and Blackjack Live.
WynnBet has a special offer for players in New Jersey. When you put up to $1,000 into your account, we’ll give you another $1,000 extra to play with in blackjack casinos New Jersey. But you must bet the money ten times before you can keep it – and you can only keep it if you win.
On Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays, you can get a $10 bonus if you wager at least $100 on any of the table games or live table games.
If it’s Wednesday, you can get an extra 25% when you put in between $20 and $100 into your account to use at the WynnBet casino.
Quick Blackjack Rules
- Cash Queens: It exists in the side bet variant. With Cash Queens, a 20-value hand will give you 2 to 1 win. Also, a suited one will give a 5 to 1 win while a pair of Queens deliver 50 to 1 pay.
- Mega Match: Having the same suit with a King and a Queen is the Mega match. It delivers a payout of 50 to 1. But if you have a Mega match with your dealer, you receive a whopping 5000 to 1 payout. The same first two cards with the same suit will have a 2 to 1 payout.
- Crazy 7s: Crazy seven is also known as super seven. It is a side bet game of blackjack based on the first three cards of a player. A player wins the game if the first card is a seven. — the chances of winning increase when you have two or more consecutive sevens. The highest win occurs if a player has cards of seven that are suited.
- Perfect pairs: This variant introduces a set bet. Suited pairs in this game earn higher payouts than win obtained if a player is dealt any pair. The value of a payout varies with different casinos.
- Blackjack Micro Limit: You can play this in most US online casinos. Micro limit is a variant that has a low entry betting requirement. There is an automatic payout for specific combinations of cards. As a NJ online blackjack player, you will enjoy the game as you deposit money with a low betting requirement. One of the rules of the game states that 5+ cards that score 21 give a pay of 2:1 automatically.
- Multi-player Blackjack: Do you want to play a game with your friends? The multi-player variant supports up to 5 players simultaneously.Playing with a group with an option to split and double the bet is quite fun.. Insurance bet gives a pay of 2:1. Others can watch the game online when you play it live.
- Spanish 21: As a traditional blackjack variant, this option offers an excellent opportunity to gamble by having all 10s taken out. This move leads to multiple hits throughout the game.
Blackjack’s Tips and Strategies
Although many people believe that blackjack is simply a game of chance, there are specific strategies to follow for better chances of striking it lucky. Check out some of our tips for playing online blackjack below:
- Always double down on 11
- You are at best to hit with a 16-point hand when facing a 10
- Always assume that your dealer’s facedown is a 10 before you take your next move
- It is risky to take insurance
- With a card of 7 or higher with your dealer, never stand on 12 through to 16
- You may stand pat if there is a risk of busting your hand. This should be done when the dealer faces a 4, 5 or 6.
- These cards give your dealer a higher chance of busting his hand. Use that to your advantage.
Like many casino games, the rules and style of blackjack can vary in different parts of the world. Even in New Jersey, you might find foreigners playing blackjack with their own twist or altered rules.
A player should keep his skills flexible to get the most out of every blackjack game. Let’s look at the different types of blackjack games played in casinos.
Single Hand Blackjack
This is one of the oldest and simplest variations of blackjack played with a single deck of 52 cards with the usual rules.
All players place their wagers and start with both their cards facing upwards. On the other hand, the dealer plays with one card facing upwards while the other is downwards.
This variation isn’t as popular as it used to be, as modern casinos usually host blackjack games with decks of more than 52 cards.
This variation is quite popular in blackjack online. While most rules here are the same as in a standard game, the number of blackjack hands here will triple for each player.
Every multihand blackjack game is usually played with around 6 to 8 decks. It’s known to be one of the more thrilling variations, as the advantage of multiple blackjack hands allows players to throw multiple bets and be creative with their moves.
Blackjack with Sidebets
Side bets are popular add-ins used to make a blackjack game more interesting. As the name suggests, they’re additional bets provided to the players at the start of a round.
Each player adds an extra chip down and then makes a wager on which cards the player and dealer will receive. Commonly used side bets include: Insurance, 21 + 3, and Perfect Pairs.
Note that side bets only offer a layer of uncertainty in a blackjack game so that they won’t affect your chances of victory.
Introduced by Slingo Originals, this variation follows the typical blackjack rules with one minor addition. Players are given the option to trade their cards after each hand.
Trading options include buying, selling, and swapping cards throughout the round. Although this blackjack variant doesn’t allow for insurance, it still gives players more control over the game.
Live Dealer Blackjack
This blackjack variant has dramatically increased in popularity since the pandemic in 2020. Online casinos have set a new standard for how blackjack is played with live human dealers.
NJ online blackjack now allow an infinite number of players to enjoy it together remotely.
Micro Limit 10 and 25
If you’re a high roller, avoiding this blackjack variant is a good ideat. If not, you’ll appreciate the betting limits in this version, which don’t exceed $0.10 per hand.
Las Vegas is known for its richness in casino table games, so blackjack is played a lot more seriously here. The general rules are no different than those of classic blackjack, but players here are known to utilize a wide range of strategies to further their blackjack hand value and win.
Is It Worth Playing Blackjack For Real Money Vs. Playing For Free In NJ?
Both free and real-money blackjack games have their own advantages and disadvantages. The main downside to gambling with actual money is the likelihood of losing it, while the upside of free gaming is that you can practice all you want without wagering real money.
With that in mind, let’s compare the benefits of these two types of betting.
Advantages of Playing With Real Money
- You can earn massive money prizes
- It offers you different bonuses and promotions
- You have a bigger list of blackjack games to pick from
- Live Dealer Blackjack is available
Advantages of Free Games at the Best Blackjack Sites NJ
- You can gamble without downloading and signing up
- You can practice your skills and strategies securely and calmly
- Great way to entertain yourself
Benefits of Playing Blackjack in New Jersey
It is much easier than finding a land-based casino. Forget the need to dress up or waste money on gasoline and drinks at a land-based casino. You only need to turn on your gadget with an Internet connection, pick one of the best online blackjack sites in New Jersey and sign up.
It will take you a couple of minutes and minimal effort. Do not forget that you can do that anywhere with an Internet connection.
Blackjack casinos in New Jersey offer table games enriched with spectacular design and graphics. So, you can be sure that all kinds of blackjacks await you online. Do not forget that you can also shape your decision by checking bonuses and requirements set by online casinos.
When you play online, maximum bets are much higher, and it’s easier for you to have a chance at winning big.
What is the best NJ online casino for blackjack?
There are a lot of top sites where you can play quality and rewarding blackjack. 888, WynnBet, Caesars, Golden Nugget, and Hard rock are the best to play for real money.
Is online blackjack fair?
Online blackjack is fair. The only setback is that you’re dealing with a computer and may miss the interactive appeal of seamless communication with a live dealer.
Are there real money blackjack apps?
Yes, and you can download them to your mobile device and get your gaming on, no matter where you are. See our reviews, choose one of the blackjack sites New Jersey, and download the app from there.
Is it legal to play blackjack online for money in NJ?
Playing online blackjack for real money is legal in New Jersey. The best online blackjack casinos NJ have been granted a game permit to offer internet gaming services.
Can I start with the easiest variation of blackjack?
Starting with traditional blackjack is a great idea if you are new to the game. It is a basis for all other variations.
Can I use strategies to win at blackjack?
Yes, it is not a game of pure luck. So make sure to pick the most appealing strategy to increase your chances of winning.
What do blackjack odds do?
Odds can help you see the expected probability of drawing a card with a special number. So, odds can change during the game and are unique for your cards.