Top Mobile Casino Apps: NJ Gambling Applications Review
New Jersey gamblers are happy to have the option to play through real money casino apps. Currently, this state has the largest market for legalized online gambling in the USA. Generating over $225 million a year, over twenty legit online casinos and poker rooms operate in the state. Most of them offer casino game apps, which enable mobile players to enjoy their favorite activities whenever they want to. The NJ online gambling industry is controlled by the Division of Gaming Enforcement. If a provider is licensed, you have a guarantee that the app is safe to download and use. The massive choice leads to a question: what’s the best online gambling app in New Jersey?
Best Mobile Casinos For Real Money
How Do We Rate the Best NJ Casino Apps
Five casinos from Atlantic City have licenses to offer real money games online. However, the law enables each operator to partner with different software companies and introduce multiple websites with unique “skins.” For example, Borgata Hotel & Casino offers four gambling sites:
- Borgata Online Casino
- Scores Casino
Safety is the first factor we consider when completing our mobile casino reviews. When we see that the site is coming from a reliable operator licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement to provide online gambling, we consider that standard met. But there are a few other factors that help you choose the best app:
- What devices is the app available for? Unibet NJ and Ocean resort only offer Android casino apps, so they are not suitable for iPhone users. All other providers give you both Android and iPhone casino
- What’s the situation with the online casino bonuses? When reviewing apps, we pay special attention to the offers and the terms related to them.
- The user experience is one of the most important factors that determine a great gambling app.
- We like versatile apps that include games by various developers. But even if it’s a single developer, the game selection can be amazing.
What Can You Play in a NJ Mobile Casino?
The selection of games you get through an app is usually the same one with the associated website. However, some apps are dedicated to slots or poker only. In general, these are the common types of games that are included in the top online mobile casinos:
- Table games
- Progressive slots
- Live Casino Games (roulette, baccarat, blackjack, and other table games with a live dealer)
When reviewing the types of games available through an app, we pay attention to the developer, RTP (return-to-player) rates, minimum bets, and maximum payouts.
Top List: What Are the Best NJ Casino Apps?
We made a list of the best apps that meet our high standards of user experience, safety, and great game selection:
- Caesars Casino App
The Caesars app has one major advantage: there are no live dealer games in its offer. But from all other aspects, it’s the perfect app for beginner gamblers. There’s a no-deposit bonus, so you get $10 to try out the games as soon as you sign up. When you transfer money, you’ll get a 100% match on the first deposit, up to $300.
The app lets you play 12 video poker games, 240 slots, three blackjack games, and one roulette game.
- Betfair Casino App
Betfair offers all types of gambling games, including a live casino through the app. When you create a profile, you get a risk-free bonus of up to $200, which you can use within 24 hours. If you win money with this bonus, it’s yours. But if you lose, the site will refund those losses as credit in your balance.
The app features an impressive selection of over 400 games.
- 888 Casino App
888 Casino is an app offered by Caesars Interactive Entertainment. When you sign up, you can claim a $20 no-deposit bonus. When you do make a deposit, 888 will match it by 120%, up to $500. This offer comes with a 30-times playthrough requirement.
Players love this casino for its awesome selection of slots and table games. Live casino games are available through the app, too.
- PokerStars Casino App
Poker Stars gives you $30 as a free no-deposit bonus. Then, you’ll get a 100% deposit match up to $600.
The game selection revolves around different types of poker. You can join tournaments, zoom tables, and cash games. If you need a break from poker, you can choose from the 140 slots and a few table games offered through the application.
- Unibet Casino App
Unibet gives you a $10 no-deposit bonus. But it truly shines with its deposit bonus offer: you get a 100% match up to $1000. That’s great for casino players who are ready to make a big first deposit.
Unibet is great because it features games by some of the most prominent developers, such as Microgaming, NetEnt, and more.
- Bet365 Casino App
The only disadvantage of Bet365 is that it doesn’t offer as many casino games as competitive applications. However, its sportsbook is downright impressive. Casino customers get a welcome bonus of up to $200, with a 15x wagering requirement.
- Golden Nugget Casino App
This is the official mobile gambling service by Golden Nugget AC. It includes gambling apps for real money for iPhone and Android. It’s attractive for its bonus offers: you get a $10 no-deposit bonus and up to $1000 as a 100% match on your first deposit. It gets better: you also get 200 free spins.
- Resorts Casino
Resorts Casino Hotel developed its own gambling site in 2015. The app is available for iOS and Android devices. You get a 100% match of up to $1000 on the first deposit you make.
The games are provided through a partnership with NYX Gaming. The selection includes over 500 titles across categories: slots, blackjack, table games, video poker, virtual sports, and live casino.
- BetMGM Casino App
PlayMGM is another app launched through a partnership with Borgata Atlantic City. It has the best no-deposit bonus of $25.
The deposit bonus matches your investment by 100%, up to $1000. To convert the winnings into cash, you must win 6 times the bonus amount. Let’s say you deposit $100 and you get a bonus of $100. You’ll have to win $600 if you want to withdraw the money.
- Hard Rock Casino App
Hard Rock also has an attractive welcome offer: a 100% match up to $1000. As a no-deposit bonus, the app will grant you 50 free spins as soon as you sign up. You can play live dealer games, slots, and all types of table games by Evolution, IGT, and NetEnt.
- Tropicana Casino App
Tropicana does not offer live dealer games, but it’s still a great casino app to use. You get $25 as a no-deposit bonus as soon as you sign up with real information.
The deposit bonus comes in the form of a “$100 real cash back.” What does that mean? The casino will recover up to $100 of any losses within the first week of playing. You’ll get them in your balance.
- SugarHouse Casino App
SugarHouse also offers a casino app for iOS and Android. Currently, there isn’t a no-deposit bonus offer. But you’ll get a 100% match on your first deposit, up to $250.
There’s a great selection of 500 slots. Table games and live dealer games are also available.
- Party Casino App
Party is yet another app launched in partnership with Borgata AC. It has a decent deposit bonus offer (100% match up to $500). The wagering requirement of 35x is still reasonable.
The game selection includes slots, blackjack, all kinds of table games, and live dealer tables.
Popular Software Providers for Real Money Gambling Apps
When we see a new app launched for NJ players, this is the first question we ask: what casino software supports the games? The game selection determines your experience playing on a mobile phone. For example, Golden Nugget features slots provided by Bally Technologies. 888 Casino is powered by Dragonfish software. In our reviews, we give you info on the providers that each app includes in its selection of games. The most popular developers include:
- IGT (International Gaming Technology)
Tips to Choose the Right Casino App
Is it a good idea to download and use all gambling apps that accept players from NJ? Not really. With over 20 available applications, you’ll quickly run out of space on your device. We recommend you to choose one or a few apps by following these tips:
- Check the app’s reputation
Did you get any recommendations by the gamblers you communicate with? You can also check the app’s online reputation. We offer reviews on our website.
- Make sure it’s legit!
The Google Play Store and the App Store will not feature any gambling apps that don’t have licenses. However, they also don’t feature many licensed apps. That’s why you’ll need to download the app from the provider’s website, and then install it on your phone. It’s important to check if it’s licensed before doing that.
- Compare the welcome bonuses
No-deposit and first deposit bonuses are exciting, but they come with playthrough requirements. If the requirement is below 35x the bonus amount, it’s okay. Anything above that is too much. We recommend aiming for sites with minimum wagering requirements, since they give you the best chances to withdraw money quickly. Of course; the amount of the bonus is also important. In our reviews, you’ll find info that you can compare.
- Check the customer support
If the provider enables you to play 24/7 through an app, it’s only fair for you to expect a 24/7 support system. We recommend you to contact an agent as soon as you create your profile. Ask them about the bonus terms or anything else that’s not totally clear. The attitude of the support agent will tell you a lot about the app’s reliability.
- Try the app and see how it feels
All apps are great in their own way. The final choice depends on your preferences. You might like certain games more than others. You’ll notice that some slots have better payouts jackpots. A live casino offer may be crucial to your gambling preferences.
This is the point when you can install a few apps and play a few games for free. When you’re ready to make a real-money deposit, you’ll choose the one you like the most.
What Makes Mobile Gambling Apps Better than a Desktop Site?
Mobile apps have an obvious disadvantage to desktop sites: the screen on your device is smaller, so that makes table games a bit inconvenient. However, the developers are aware of that drawback, so they create the app in a way that gives you full control over the game. Plus, you can play on your smartphone or tablet. The tablet’s screen is big enough, so we can neglect this disadvantage. Can we talk about the advantages? There are several:
- Slots are perfect on mobile. You tap on the one you like, you choose your bet, and you spin right away.
- When you choose a licensed app, you can be sure that it’s safe and reliable.
- When you have a gambling app on your device, you can play whenever you feel like it. If you like spinning a few slots during lunch break, you can do that. If you like joining a live table when you go to bed, you won’t have to drag your laptop in the bedroom. We all know it: smartphone apps are way more convenient!
Banking Options on NJ Real Money Betting Apps
When we compared NJ gaming apps, we realized that they offer similar methods for deposits and withdrawals.
- Credit and debit cards (Visa, Maestro, MasterCard, Amex, and more)
- E-wallets (Neteller, Skrill, and Paypal)
- Prepaid cards
- Pay by phone
- Bank wire
Prepaid cards, PayNearMe, and Pay By Phone are only for depositing money. To withdraw your winnings, you’ll have to choose another banking method.
Where Are the Best Bonuses?
Here’s a list of the best deposit and no deposit bonuses on mobile casino games:
- Caesars Casino NJ App
The bonus amount is not impressive when compared to the other sites: you get a 100% match up to $300. What’s impressive is the minimal playthrough requirement: only 10x on slots. It’s high on blackjack and other table games, though (50x the bonus amount).
Tropicana has a unique bonus policy. If you lose your first deposit during the first week of play, you get 100% as cash back in your balance. No strings attached! Plus, the app gives you a $25 no-deposit bonus.
- Golden Nugget
Sure; there’s a 20x wagering requirement on slots. However, the bonus amount is massive: 100% up to $1000 plus 200 free spins on all available slots. As a no-deposit bonus, Golden Nugget gives you $10.
Accessing Online Mobile Casino in New Jersey
After picking a reliable site for gambling, you need to do the registration process. After this step, you have two options: 1. You can play via your phone’s web browser, and this is a great possibility to enjoy tons of games, bonuses, and promotions. HTML5 ar Java will be used to run the game, and adapt it to your screen size. 2. You are to download a special app, which helps ensure smooth gaming with all possible advantages. Let us discuss the installation process on different devices.
Installing on iPhone/iPad
- Go to the app store. Here are two options: downloading a casino app for Apple devices or use an individual direct casino link.
- Registering your account in case you do not have one.
- Enjoy your gaming sessions!
Installing on Android Devices
Unfortunately, Google Play has strict rules regarding gaming apps, so you will not find them there. Here are steps that you need to do:
- Go to the mobile casino website and find a button for downloading the app.
- Bypass the notification that you are going to run the app made by “unknown sources”. Allow running and do not be afraid of this note.
- Register in the app in case you have not already.
- You are ready to play!
Installing on Windows And Blackberry
Sad to write, but the variety of casino apps for users with other operating systems. So, for such gamblers, gambling via browser is a great opportunity.
- How can I install a casino app on my smartphone?
- The App Store and Google Play Store feature a few apps, but not all casino offers are available through them. In some cases, you’ll need to download the app through the official website. No big deal; the provider will guide you through the steps.
- Can I play for free as well as real cash?
- Most NJ casino applications offer no-deposit bonuses. You’re practically playing for free, but you can still withdraw money if you win a lot and you meet the playthrough requirement. Yes; you can gamble with real money, too. That’s legal in New Jersey.
- How secure is my mobile account?
- All apps listed above are licensed by a state authority, which guarantees their reliability. The software has several security layers to protect your identity and your money. Your account is secure.
- Which games are popular for mobile & tablet play?
- Slots are the most popular casino game for mobile, simply because they look lovely on the smartphone’s screen. But you can also play blackjack, roulette, poker, and other table games. Live dealer games are also an option.
- Does it matter which device I’m playing on?
- Most applications are available for iOS and Android compatible devices. If your have a Windows or a Blackberry device, it will be harder for you to find a suitable app. In that case, it’s best to access the website through your mobile browser.
- How does mobile casino gaming work?
- Legal apps are launched through partnerships by online software providers and Atlantic City casinos. They have geo-location properties, so you can only use them within the territory of New Jersey. They work like all other apps: you install them and you register. Once you have some credits in your balance, you can choose to play on slots or table games (software-based and live dealer games).
- Can I get a welcome bonus if I play on a mobile phone?
- Yes! All bonuses that are available on the websites are active for players who use mobile apps, too.
- What is the best strategy: gamble on a lot of games or focus on one game?
- It is depended on you and your ambitions in gaming.
- Are casino apps free to download?
- No, they are in 98% cases free to download.
- Can I download a casino app that is not going to pay me out?
- Unfortunately, yes, you can find such an opp. So it is always a good idea to check whether your casino is trusted. Another option is to play free games.
- Are bonuses and promotions available for gamblers on the app?
- Yes, all features offered by an online casino are available on mobile apps.
- Are mobile casinos safe?
- Yes, if you have picked a trusted and checked online casino. It is always a great idea to read reviews on thematic sites like this, check the customer reviews, and examine the info about regulation at the casinos’ sites.