NJ Online Slots
Best Online Slot Sites In NJ
New Jersey is not just one of the states where online gambling is legal; it’s ahead of the entire US in advancing the online casino industry forward. Thus, it isn’t surprising that there’s an abundance of various online slots in NJ for players with all tastes and preferences – from big-time progressive jackpots to small video reels that don’t even require one to play for money.
Our goal is to make a comprehensive list of various websites that host online slots in New Jersey and select only the best ones. The key difference between our team and all the other reviewers is our unbiased way of thinking. We can find a positive aspect in all online gambling services, yet we won’t shy away from criticism where it is needed. Right now, our task is to provide our readers with a list of the best online slots NJ – let’s get down that road.
How to Choose the Best Online Slot Game in NJ?
The first thing is first – choosing the best online slot machine among all available online slots in NJ takes caution. Everyone will have their own opinion, but our selection process remains set by LuckyNJ standards. Here are a few tips on how to choose the best online slot machine in NJ for you:
- Watch the volatility. Volatility is the parameter of risk the casino player takes and returns they might accept. Low-volatility slots are predictable and require almost no investment to play but won’t offer many rewards either – a great option for players who love to play it safe. On the other hand, high volatility games are risky; they might not give up a winning combination the first few times, but the winnings are really sweet.
- Pick games only from safe, trusted developers. This is a self-explanatory point – most online casinos in NJ offer online slots from big-time software providers they’ve been working for a long time, but the more recognizable the name is, the better are the games.
- Explore both “new” and “popular.” Most NJ casinos have a “popular” category for slots; it features the most liked games by players in that particular casino, so those games are trusted and tested many times. And games in a “new” category might not be so famous and popular but will impress players with their graphics and innovative mechanics.
Types of Online Slot Machines
The NJ slots are such a broad name, so what hides under it? Many types and categories; some are more preferred by novices, others are perfect for experienced gamblers; here are the most common ones; choose for yourself:
- Classic (three-reel video slot machines). Online gambling allows many options, thus making it possible to return to the roots in the form of three-reel slot machines, like the ones standing in Vegas and Atlantic City in the sixties. Sevens, bells, and cherries are expecting nostalgic players who want to return to the simpler times.
- Five-reel. A modern standard for New Jersey online and brick-and-mortar casinos. More paylines, symbols, ways to win, bonuses, and extra spins – these are the flesh and blood of the online slot industry. From the Wild West to mythological Asia – anyone can find their favorite topic among them.
- Progressive jackpot games. We talked about the past, the present, and now it’s time for the future – progressive jackpots are getting more and more popular with each day, so there is no closer contender to the name of the next big thing. High-volatile and exciting, these slot machines lure players in with the promise of a giant jackpot collected from everybody who plays this particular game at this exact moment – and the lucky ones grab a bank that can’t be compared to any other slot machine once in a while.
What Is RTP?
RTP is a parameter all experienced online slot players usually know about their favorite games. It is a “return-to-player”; the complex formula is based on a random numbers generator that concludes how much of the player’s investment into the game returns to them. Most online slots in NJ have a 96% RTP, meaning that from each dollar a player spends on a game, 96 cents are returned to him in the form of winnings. Obviously, some games have higher RTP and others lower; some users in the NJ online casinos win more, while there are players who lose more than 96% of their investment, but knowing the slot’s RTP gives a general idea of what to expect from it.
Strategies and Tips to Win at Best Real Money Slots
Every gambler who wants to win real money must know that gaming is not only about luck but also about using the best strategies. If you want to increase your odds of winning in online slots that pay real money, follow our tips:
- Choose slots with high payouts. Not all slots are the same in terms of Return to Player (RTP) percentage. This indicator refers to the percentage of all wagered money that a slot machine gives back to players. A higher RTP means a greater chance of winning.
- Make higher bets. It’s impossible to win progressive jackpots with the minimum bet. A good rule of thumb to remember is that the higher the bet, the bigger your winnings.
- Use free spins smartly. Although free spins bonuses come with wagering requirements, you can use them to test out various slot machines and make an idea of which ones offer the best chances of winning. You can also win real money with free spins.
Best NJ Casinos Offering Real Money Slots
Based on our research throughout the entirety of the NJ gambling industry, here are the six best places to enjoy online slots:
A reputable international gambling site, 888 Casino is known for providing an excellent quality of games. Although their New Jersey site features a rather small collection of +50 slot games, the range of themes and styles is more than satisfying.
What can you find at the 888 Casino?
- Progressive Jackpot Slots: Casino Reels, Ultimate Universe, The Royal Go Camping, Ultimate Genie, Don’s Stampede
- Branded Slots: The Big Lebowski, A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Other Popular Games: Millionaire Genie, Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, Rainbow Riches
The casino also has ongoing promotions on its slot machines. Their technology and graphics are also excellent, with slots from both Microgaming and NetEnt.
Bet365 Online Casino
Famous for its partnership with Playtech and their live games, Bet365 is a top player in an online slots department too. With its great selection of great video slots from famous developers and a modern and great-looking website, Bet365 is one of the best choices for any NJ player. Besides, including information on the game’s volatility and RTP right on the website is incredibly useful.
What can you find at Bet365?
- Progressive Jackpot: Divine Fortune
- Branded: Narcos, Guns & Roses, Kooza by Cirque Du Solei
- Most Popular Games: DaVinci Extreme, Book of Kings, Eagles Flight, Temple of Fire
A big brand in sports betting and casino industry, Unibet is one of the most prominent services for playing online slots in NJ. To new players, they offer to match the first deposit up to $500 for 100% with an extra $10 bonus on top, but experienced gamblers come to their website in search of progressive jackpot slots and find them here in abundance – there’s 52 of them.
What can you find at Unibet?
- Progressive Jackpot: Siberian Storm, Cleopatra, 5 Treasures, Apollo Stacks
- Branded: Baywatch, Ghostbusters Plus
- Other Popular Games: Gorilla Kingdom, Endless Treasure
Caesars Online Casino
The digital version of Caesars Atlantic City is a part of one of the largest US gambling networks, and their NJ branch has everything players might desire: an abundance of various online slots, daily bonuses (including an immense signup bonus) plus a player reward system unrivaled by any of its competitors. The site looks a bit dated, though, but the games surely aren’t.
What can you find at Caesars?
- Progressive Jackpot: Double Diamond, Fortune Coin, Cats, Cash Eruption
- Branded: Space Invaders, Street Fighter II, Gordon Ramsay Hell’s Kitchen
- Other Popular Games: 88 Fortunes, Destiny of Athena, Smokin’ Hot Gems
This casino brand has over 700 online slots available at the player’s discretion which is enough to put it on our list, but there’s more! Online slots are easy to find, categorized; they work on any device thanks to dedicated mobile apps, and its welcome bonus is one of the biggest among those NJ casinos will offer.
What can you find at BetMGM online casino NJ?
- Progressive Jackpot: Majestic Lions, Bison Fury, MGM Grand Millions, Mirage Mega Magma
- Branded: Monopoly, Motorhead Video Slot
- Other Popular Games: Kings & Crystals, Cash Machine, Hurricane Horse
Golden Nugget Casino
Compared to all other entries on this list, Golden Nugget is a local NJ brand from a casino with the same name, but it can surely compete with international gambling giants in its home state. Over a thousand online slots are enough of a number to join, but they are also organized by the software developer, type, and theme – something that can rarely be seen in the US casinos.
What can you find at Golden Nugget?
- Progressive Jackpot: Book of Relics, China Shores, Dr Reactive
- Branded: Bill & Ted Excellent Adventure, King Kong Fury, Jumanji, Vikings
- Other Popular Games: X Wild X, Armadillo Artie Gone Wild, Thunderstruck
Best Software for Slot Sites in NJ
Picking the best online slots is easy – just take a look at the software developer. Some brands are well-known to anyone in the online gambling community – the names of Konami, BigTimeGaming, and IGT, but don’t forget about casino exclusives!
Almost each gambling brand has several online slots only available on that particular website. We won’t recommend sleeping on them for two particular reasons: one is that those slots are made in close partnership with a casino and a software developer, meaning they are well-thought-out, and two, most promotions and bonuses for online slots in NJ revolve around these exclusive games. Look for a dedicated “exclusive” section to find these games: BetMGM has Kings of Crystals, Golden Nugget has a video slot of the same name, and so on.
Free VS Real Money Slots
Some players don’t know that there are free slots they can play. One won’t find them at any of the big gambling brands, as generally, they are available at the so-called “live casinos,” where the player can make wagers basically for free using the casino’s own currency.
The best online slots require a financial investment, but if a player wants to learn bonus mechanics, test their luck, or get to know if the thrill of online gambling is for them, they are welcome to try free online slots before going to real money ones. But only the latter offers the certain type of satisfaction that makes players return over and over again; they are also much more grandiose and pompous, with big budgets and backing from various brands and developers all over the world.
Online Slot Bonuses
In general, NJ online players may expect two types of bonuses from their casino adventures: a monetary bonus and free spins.
A monetary bonus might be daily (or weekly) or issued on signup, and the latter can be a deposit or no-deposit one. The deposit bonus is a casino matching up a player’s deposit in bonus funds; a no-deposit bonus is a set (usually small) amount of money on a bonus account the website issues for simple signup to let players try their online slots. Daily and weekly bonuses are usually issued for taking a particular action: making a deposit as well or playing a particular game.
Free spins are a slot-exclusive bonus that can be issued both for signup or daily, and it involves making the game spin for free an X amount of times.
The key thing a player needs to learn about bonuses is that they have wagering requirements. It means that to get winnings from a bonus X, a player needs to wager a certain amount of money, usually much more than this bonus they’ve got.
For example, one wants to wager their bonus at online slots in NJ. They’ve got a deposit bonus of $100, and the wagering requirement in their casino is 10x – it means that to access their winnings with stakes made from a bonus account, this player should play with this bonus at least 10 times.
In general, the 10x wagering requirement is an industry-standard. While a player may find casinos with a 1x wagering requirement (as well as 35x), they are quite rare.
Best Slots with Progressive Jackpots in NJ
As we’ve already mentioned, progressive jackpots allow one to win an outstanding amount of money. You may even know how much – a lot of casinos have a “jackpot” category and show what the current jackpot players may win if they get really lucky.
The same goes for a lot of games in 888 Casino’s portfolio – at the time of writing this review, Aztek Realm, Mermaid’s Millions, and Rise of the Pharaohs share the same jackpot of $257,213,70.
Divine Fortune is one of the most popular jackpot slot available at almost all NJ online casinos.
And some casinos even offer exclusive slots with progressive jackpots, like BetMGM and their MGM Grand Millions, which has an outstanding $365,036 jackpot right now.
Our advice to players is that they should look at the RTP, amount of players, and a jackpot as a whole and only focus their attention on the most luring opportunities.
- Are real money slot games rigged or fair? Are the games safe?
Real money slot games are completely fair and safe. The machines use a random number generator computer to ensure maximum fairness. This system is built into all slots offered by licensed casinos.
- Are online slots legal in NJ?
Yes. Since November 2013, online casino sites are legal New Jersey. Residents of the state can also play at legal and regulated offshore online casinos. You risk nothing by playing your favorite NJ online slots if you choose casino brands that are professional and licensed.
- What is a payout percentage? What is RTP?
The payout percentage, also known as Return to Player or RTP, refers to the total amount of money that the players get back in the forms of winnings compared to the total amount of money wagered in the slot game by all players. This percentage can range from 75% to 98%. The higher the RTP of a slot game, the greater are your odds at winning.
- What is a welcome bonus for new gamblers?
The welcome bonus for new gamblers is a signup promotion that you get when you set up a player’s account on an online gambling platform. This is usually a match up bonus on your first deposit.
- How do I know these NJ casinos aren't scams?
Online gambling is a regulated industry, so read trusted reviews and check a website’s background before signing up. This will ensure that you only join legit and licensed NJ casinos.
- How do you can play slots for real money?
To play slots for real money, all you have to do is to sign up for an account on an online gambling platform, take your welcome bonus or make a deposit. You can start playing right away and win real money.
- Which slot machines have the highest payout?
To identify slot machines with the highest payout, check out their RTP, or Return to Player, percentage. Highest payout comes from slot games with over 98% RTP. At the moment, highest is Mega Joker with 99% RTP and Jackpot 6000 with 98.8% RTP.
- How much tax is taken from casino winnings?
A new bill in New Jersey states that players who win more than 5000$ from online gambling must pay 24% in tax.
- Is gambling online for real money fair?
Real money online gambling is fair if you join legit and licensed casinos that respect international gambling legislation. If a casino has a proper license, you can rest assured that the games are fair and tested by reputable authorities. In addition, slots are developed by gaming companies like IGT, Betsoft, Red Tiger or Yggdrasil which ensure the quality and fairness of each game and are not affiliated with casinos.
- How does depositing and withdrawing real money work?
Depositing or withdrawing real money from an online casino is very easy. Every online casino has a list of all accepted payment methods on their site, which usually includes: credit and debit cards, bank transfers, wire transfers, electronic wallets, cryptocurrencies, and more. Every player can choose the most convenient method.