UFC Betting Review – Best UFC Sportsbooks & Apps
The entire American gambling populace remains grateful to the state of New Jersey for its effort in bringing betting in its many forms back to the United States. The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PAPSA), set up in 1992, had for years placed an embargo on legal sports betting across most states in the United States. NJ led the charge against PAPSA and, in 2018, won its US Supreme Court case in 2018, leading to the reversal of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act. This reversal gave every state the power to set up its independent sports wagering laws. The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a US based Mixed Martial Arts company – one of the first of its kind, founded in 1993 in Las Vegas, Nevada, and owned by Zuffa LLC.
The sport has become more prevalent in New Jersey in recent years, especially with locals like Frankie Edgar becoming more popular in the game. The Atlantic City has also hosted many Ultimate Fighting Championship tournaments, with the UFC on ESPN: Covington vs. Lawler in August 2019 being the tenth installment to be held in the State since its inception. Since sports betting has become legal in the state, UFC lovers can now place wagers on their favorite games and favorite athletes. This article gives a fair overview of how the game of UFC is played, why it is increasingly popular with American bettors and all you need to know to start winning by wagering on the UFC.
William Hill Sportsbook New Jersey
BetMGM Sportsbook New Jersey 2021
What to Consider in Choosing an Online Sportsbook?
New Jersey has set the pace for other states as per gambling laws, and it’s no surprise they have a host of sportsbook providers on show. Depending on your preferences about deposit methods or wager redemption or app user interface, you can make the choice that best suits you.
If you are not sure what suits you best, considering the following will help make your mind up. Security (It is crucial to find out if the sportsbook is legal and regulated), Ease of Deposit (To use an online sportsbook, you need a comfortable and secure means of making deposits), Betting Markets available (Most sportsbooks have similar markets and a good gambling platform will offer most game from the various categories, and cover the major markets), and How good the odds are (No two sportsbooks have the same odds) should be top of the list.
Promotions and Bonuses (Some sportsbooks offer bonuses upon signing up, some provide a “no-loss” assurance to new users on their first wager as well as a few other bonuses), If they have a Mobile App (A mobile app that can be downloaded makes the user experience easier and more exciting) are other significant features to consider. It is essential to find the option that you can trust, with an easy means of making deposits, which provides the most markets and best odds, and a mobile app will also be a fantastic advantage.
How is Ultimate Fighting Championship Played
Branded as the Premier MMA competition, it holds in the Octagon, and players compete across different weight classes. The MMA types on show in UFC include wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, kickboxing, boxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, and Karate. Every competitive Ultimate fighting championship game has five rounds, each lasting a maximum of 5 minutes each and a one-minute interval between each round. It is rare for a draw to occur. Players win by submission, knockout, or by a unanimous or split panel decision. A Submission is called when a player taps out physically or verbally. A Knockout occurs when the Referee stops the match, when an injury resulting from a legal maneuver is severe enough to terminate a duel or when a player becomes unconscious due to strikes or kicks. When the three judges rule in favor of a player, the decision is unanimous. If two judges favor one while another judge favors the other, the decision is a split vote. A majority vote occurs when two judges rule in favor of a player, and a third calls a draw.
There are currently 12 UFC weight classes at the moment, for both men and women.
- Women’s Strawweight < 115 lbs
- Women’s Flyweight 115 lbs – 125 lbs
- Women’s Bantamweight 126 lbs – 135 lbs
- Women’s Featherweight 136 lbs – 145 lbs
- Flyweight 115 lbs – 125 lbs
- Bantamweight 126 lbs – 135 lbs
- Featherweight 136 lbs – 145 lbs
- Lightweight 146 lbs- 155 lbs
- Welterweight 156 lbs – 170 lbs
- Middleweight 171 lbs – 185 lbs
- Light Heavyweight 186 lbs – 205 lbs
- Heavyweight 206 lbs – 265 lbs
UFC Wagering Lines
The markets for betting on UFC are so many, and keep increasing. With coupons and promo codes, bettors can also boost their earnings on selected events, expanding the appeal of sportsbooks that offer such promotions.
Some of the most common types of bets to wager on the UFC include:
- Money Line: It is one of the most straightforward bets to place. It means betting on a specific team to win a game. It might seem difficult to understand, except you are familiar with the essentials. There is a favorite and an underdog with odds at both ends of the money line. The sportsbooks will assess both fighters’ relative talent and offer odds on each of them, and wagers placed on the underdog yield more winnings than those on the favorite. Therefore, sometimes it might be really close if the players are almost as good as each other, or very wide if there is a clear underdog. You’ll see that it’s a negative number for the favorite and a positive for the underdog.
- Totals: For this, bettors place wagers on the expected total number of rounds. Overs or Unders bet is another name for this. The sportsbook sets a moneyline for the total number of rounds they expect the match to last, and the stake is on whether the total number of rounds exceed the oddsmaker’s set total or not.
- Method of Victory: There are a few possible ways every UFC game could end. Players can win by submission, knockout, or by a unanimous or split or majority panel decision. A player can make a Submission by physically tapping or verbally submitting. Winning method bets are unique to MMA fights, and UFC bettors can wager on the method of victory predicted per game. Each type of victory has a moneyline attached to it, depending on the player’s history. The wager wins when the game ends in the method of victory you chose. It doesn’t matter who wins as these are only bets on how the fight will end.
- Point Spread: Point spread bets, also referred to as the “Handicap,” is the number of rounds advantage taken from the favorite or given to the underdog, opening the chances for either team to win the wager evenly. The favorite has to make up the number of rounds subtracted, or the underdog has to maintain the headstart for the bet to win.
- Round the Fight Ends: This market option allows you to predict the round when the fight ends, which is useful if you are not certain about the match winner, but you feel the game will either end swiftly or drag on. Players can increase their expected winnings if they choose a specific player to win the game in one particular round.
- Props: Prop bets are such that don’t have a bearing on the outcome of the match. But they are placed on the occurrence or non-occurrence of a particular event during the game. Prop bets are quite popular among UFC bettors.
They could depend on occurrences that are up to a single player or a match. Selections like Fight of the Night, who wins the Knockout of the Night, and who will receive the Submission of the Night honor are examples of common prop bets in the UFC.
- Parlays: Parlay or accumulator wagers are those where multiple outcomes are picked from different games and wagered on together. For the bet to win, all selected results must occur as chosen.
- Futures: A futures bet is one placed on an event that will finish in the future. It could be an event or game that will end in the future, and not on the day the player places the wager. If you fancy a particular player to win a UFC competition overall, at the end of the year, you can place a futures bet on such a player.
- The live Betting: The live betting feature is becoming a hugely popular choice for UFC online sports betting. The feature makes for exciting odds that fluctuate in real-time and possibly increase the expected returns based on the bettor’s prediction. It is also referred to as “in play” betting. It allows players to wager on occurrences after the game has started, and during the match like bets on knockdowns, submissions, takedown attempts, and takedowns landed, etc.
Best US Sites for UFC Wagering
Online sports betting and casinos are fast taking the place of physical sportsbooks. With a wide range of options across Android and iOS platforms, users are getting spoilt for choice. Many still love the euphoria associated with watching games together with others and cashing out physical tickets. But the ease of placing online wagers means it keeps its appeal.
Currently, bettors in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, West Virginia, and New Hampshire can place wagers on the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) amidst other sports. Based on the features mentioned above, here is a list of our top choices.
The Daily fantasy sports (DFS) franchise was one of the first sportsbooks to launch in the United States. Their platform features a unique technology with a fast user interface, and they have live betting options available. DraftKings is the best American sportsbook for live betting by far, and their “Flash Bet” offering is very interactive.
DraftKings boasts a $25 non-deposit sign up bonus. You get 100 percent returns on your first bet up to $500 and up to $500 deposit bonus on signing up. Their fascinating parlay bonuses, referral bonuses, and daily boosted odds are very attractive options. DraftKings is the best option for mega bonuses and has tons of options available for making deposits and withdrawals. The provider has an app available on both Android and iOS platforms and the prospect of early cashout.
Like DraftKings, FanDuel switched from Daily Fantasy Sports to Sports Booking after the PAPSA repeal. They are a hugely popular brand and have exceeded many expectations. FanDuel became the sportsbook to have an iOS app coded natively for iPhones and iPads alongside their android app. The app has a classy and straightforward interface that is easy to understand, although occasional bugs are a minus.
FanDuel offers a $500 risk-free first bet after a user signs up. If you lose your first wager, you get a refund of up to $500. They offer live betting options, but the overall experience with markets and odds available is not as good as most counterparts.
PointsBet is a sportsbook based in Australia that operates legally in the United States. It launched in New Jersey in 2019 and has since expanded to other states. There is a mobile app available for Android and iOS users on the android and apple app stores. The platform has a unique PointsBetting option – a high-risk, high-reward wager type and players can earn more and lose more.
Users have several options for making deposits and withdrawals. There is a $200 risk-free bonus available to new customers. Up to $100 refund if the player’s first wager loses and up to $100 for the player’s first PointsBetting wager.
It is one of the popular options available to American bettors. The sportsbook is the sports betting arm of PlaySugarHouse online casino. It is a choice site if fast deposits and straightforward bonuses are preferred. There is a mobile app available for android and apple users, and the platform also has live betting and cash out options.
The sportsbook offers up to a $250 deposit bonus, which requires a minimum deposit of $10. The bonus is easy to redeem – only wagered once, but there are no daily or weekly promotions. Their deposit and withdrawal options are much better than their competitors.
The platform is relatively new and does not have all the features of modern sportsbooks. But players can wager in-play on UFC matches via their live-betting platform. There are options for cash out available on selected events as well.
The sportsbook offers new users a $10 no deposit bonus. Once the user verifies his or her account, the $10 pays into the user’s account. There is also a 100 percent bonus of up to $300 on the user’s first cash deposit. There are also several deposit and withdrawal options on the platform.
The sportsbook is one of those taking the American sports betting marketplace by storm. It is the result of a partnership between MGM Resorts International and Roar Digital. They are one of the very few sportsbooks that allow users to stream select sports events live, and offer some of the best futures odds. The sportsbook has tons of deposit options. $10 is the minimum deposit amount for all payment methods, $20 is the minimum withdrawal amount.
They have enticing bonuses for new customers, with a 100 percent risk-free deposit bonus up to $500. If the first wager loses, the user can wager the bonus and keep the winnings. There are several other promotions for existing customers like the weekly free bet offer. The app is available on android and iOS platforms.
The sportsbook is an affiliation of the Las Vegas and Atlantic City casinos, which have been in operation for years. They offer an array of markets to choose from with enticing promotions and loyalty rewards for existing customers.
The sportsbook offers a $100 risk-free bet to new customers on their first deposit if the deposit is a minimum of $100. There are several promotions on the provider, like Golden Line, Parlay Boost, etc. There is a mobile interface available on android and iOS too.
This is one of the oldest brands on the market. It was founded in 1934 but has consistently remained a strong force, now in the online space. They have an extensive reach, offering extensive wagering lines across the various categories. The app interface can still improve, and the platform can provide better bonuses, but the sportsbook still provides an exciting betting experience.
There are options for live betting, Live stream, and early cash-out. They offer a 100% deposit match of up to $150. With over 35 deposit and withdrawal options, there are so many options.
The coronavirus pandemic has caused virtually all physical sportsbooks to lock up shop. Online sportsbooks offer a comfortable and cost-effective alternative and are getting increasingly popular. UFC is available to watch on pay per view, aiding the live betting feature.
Things to Know in Placing UFC Wagers
There are a few things bettors can do to increase their chances of maximizing profit based on their predictions. A few dedicated platforms provide information on a player’s recent performances, the recent head-to-head statistics for a match up, etc. which help bettors make more objective and informed choices. One mistake you want to avoid is placing sentimental wagers on your favorite stars. Don’t!
Smaller events, especially Prelims, maybe an excellent place to put your money as many upcoming fighters feature in these categories. There is a lot less information about these fighters, meaning the odds are not exactly accurate. Check and compare the odds on a game across various sportsbooks and take advantage of prop bets and others that don’t have a direct effect on the outcome of the game like Moneyline bets.
The coronavirus pandemic has forced the UFC to postpone most competitions, but as more restrictions are lifted, enthusiasts can expect a return soon. The UFC 253, scheduled for the 26th of September, is the curtain-raiser for the UFC’s return. Enthusiasts will look forward to seeing their favorites like Israel Adesanya back in action. We have covered all the significant aspects of UFC betting. Once you pick the perfect sportsbook, you are in for an exciting betting experience.
Is it legal to bet on UFC online in New Jersey?
- Yes, it is. Online Sports wagering became legal in PA in 2017. Following the reversal of The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PAPSA), regulated betting by users is permitted on licensed betting platforms and apps.
What is the most popular bet type to place in UFC?
- Moneyline bets are the most popular type as they are very straightforward and the easiest to understand.
What is the difference between MMA and UFC?
- Mixed Martial Arts is the sport itself while the Ultimate Fighting Championship is the body that organizes MMA fights.
What is forfeit in the UFC?
- Before a match commences, a fighter can forfeit if he or she cannot continue for any reason.
What NJ sites are the best to bet on UFC?
- There are many sites where UFC lovers can place wagers. DraftKings and FanDuel are among the top options, along with the others mentioned above.